Broncos stun Raiders in delicious win

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Broncos stun Raiders in delicious win

chenyan94
Never lose faith Youth Bradley Roby Jersey , Broncos fans!After being shutout by the Oakland Raiders at home in the first half, the Denver Broncos came out with renewed vigor in the secon. Whatever took place in the locker room during intermission, the Broncos need to bottle that and put it in the Gatorade buckets. I’m not going to lie. The offense in the first half looked like plays were being called from Trevor Siemian’s 2017 playbook. Whatever (gestures generally) that was, it’s time to bury it deep in the trashcan so nobody can dig it out. Philip Lindsay notched his second 100-yard rushing performance in this young season on Sunday. If there was any doubt going into the game against the Raiders, the Broncos need to put the ball in Lindsay’s hands more. Make no mistake, good things happen when #30 has it. The great Broncos coach Dan Reeves always said that, “if you can touch it, you should catch it”. It’s frustrating when Demaryius Thomas has balls hit him in the hands that he can’t haul in. When he’s hot, he’s scorching. When he’s not, it’s damn near fatal to the offense. The Broncos seem to have more success when they spread the ball around, much like they did with Tim Patrick’s incredible reception that made the win possible on Sunday. There are still problems in the defensive secondary. Quick passes that took advantage flat footed defensive backs nearly did Denver in. Clearly, other teams will notice the success the Raiders had in frustrating the pass rush. Definitely something to keep an eye on. Lighten up! The Broncos won! Okay, to the defense’s credit, when it counted most, they clamped down and stopped the Raiders to win the game. Derek Carr was well on his way to a career day, connecting on all but three of his passes in the game. When you have someone under center who can’t miss, it’s remarkable the adjustments that were made to contain that firepower. It’s never a bad day when the Broncos beat the Raiders. Broncos Country should be pumped at the resolve that Denver showed on Sunday. The 2017 Broncos would have rolled over and given up. The 2018 Broncos fought valiantly and their efforts paid dividends. Next up? Baltimore in Baltimore. Let’s get to work.HORSE TRACKSLack of Mack-like pressure a big reason Raiders are now 0-2 – Las Vegas Review-JournalDENVER — There were under two minutes remaining in a football game the Raiders had led all Sunday, under two minutes until they could depart with a road victory over a division rival, and this was the scene along their defensive line:NFL Scores 2018: Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos RECAP, score, stats (9/16/18) | NFL Week 2 | NJ.comThe Oakland Raiders (0-1), led by quarterback Derek Carr, meet the Denver Broncos (1-0), led by quarterback Case Keenum, in an AFC West matchup in an NFL Week 2 football game on September 16, 2018 (9/16/18) at Broncos Stadium at Mile High in Denver, Colorado.Raiders lose 20-19 to Broncos on last-minute field goal - SFChronicle.comDENVER — Holding a two-point lead with less than two minutes remaining, a Raiders defense that had shut out the Broncos for the first half Sunday took the field needing one more stop. “We have a chance to shut them” down, linebacker Derrick Johnson said. “As a defense http://www.authenticsdenverbroncos.com/cheap-phillip-lindsay-jersey , we’ve got to be licking our chops and saying, ‘Hey, let’s go. Here we go.’” Instead, it was the Broncos who went 62 yards in 10 plays, driving from their 20-yard-line to set up a 36-yard field goal by Brandon McManus in a 20-19 win that that sunk the Raiders to 0-2 to start the second Jon Gruden era. It was a crushing end to a game the Raiders had mostly controlled, leading 12-0 at halftime, and echoed a troubling facet of their loss to the Rams last Monday night.Broncos are 2-0, but high-powered opponents will be a big defensive challenge - Denver Broncos Blog- ESPNDerek Carr picked apart Denver's defense, even in the loss. With the Rams and Chiefs, among others, coming, Broncos need to find secondary answers.Marquette King of Denver Broncos takes shot at Oakland Raiders coach Jon Gruden in social media postBroncos punter Marquette King, who was released by the Raiders in March, appeared to take aim at his former coach Jon Gruden in a video posted to Twitter that featured a Chucky doll with money stuffed in its mouth.Raiders' Jon Gruden, Reggie McKenzie likely heading for a split before 2019 NFL Draft - CBSSports.comSources around the league expect this to be McKenzie's last year with the franchiseRaiders vs. Broncos highlights | Week 2Watch the best plays from the Week 2 matchup between the Oakland Raiders and Denver Broncos.Victory Speech: Broncos vs. RaidersTake a trip into the Broncos' locker room to hear Head Coach Vance Joseph's speech to the team following a 20-19 win over the Oakland Raiders.With second 100-yard day, Phillip Lindsay adds another historic night to his young careerBut for Phillip Lindsay, Sunday’s win wasn’t about him — far from it.'Once we got that stop, it was over for them': Broncos' defense comes up with late stop, and not a moment too soonDenver's defense allowed two late first downs, but with its back against the wall, it got off the field.Why it happened: Broncos 20, Raiders 19After a frustrating first half, the Broncos turned up the fire on the hottest afternoon for an NFL regular-season game ever played in Denver, wearing out Oakland after halftime.Capping a comeback: The anatomy of a game-winning driveQuarterback Case Keenum helped lead the Broncos to a come-from-behind win.Broncos 20, Raiders 19 芦 CBS DenverDenver Broncos Help Raise Record-Setting $115,00 For Alzheimer’s Research 芦 CBS DenverMore than 100 Denver Broncos employees came together this weekend to support Team Bowlen.Bills' Vontae Davis retires at halftime of Chargers loss, says 'I shouldn't be out there anymore' - CBSSports.comDavis explained why he quit in the middle of the game and left the stadiumClay Matthews rips the 'terrible' roughing penalty that allowed the Vikings to tie the Packers - CBSSports.comThe Packers linebacker thinks the NFL is going overboard with its protection of quarterbacksPatriots vs. Jaguars final score, takeaways: Jacksonville, Bortles make statement with dominant win - CBSSports.comThe Jaguars took down the Patriots eight months after blowing a 10-point lead in the AFC title gameRyan Fitzpatrick channels Conor McGregor with epic press conference look after big day - CBSSports.comFitzpatrick had another 400-plus-yard Bradley Chubb Jersey , four-touchdown dayDamontae Kazee ejected, deserves suspension and fine for this dirty hit on Cam Newton - CBSSports.comThe Falcons safety went head hunting and he paid the priceJosh Gordon reacts to shocking Browns news, hopes he's traded to one of these two teams - CBSSports.comThe Browns wide receiver is already eyeing two potential teams that he wants to play forSaquon Barkley catches 14 passes, for a stunningly low 80 yards – ProFootballTalkWhen the Giants took running back Saquon Barkley with the second overall pick in the NFL draft, they were surely expecting him to do a lot more than catch six-yard checkdown passes. But that's primarily what he did on Sunday night.Sunday Night wrap-up: Dak Prescott bounces back from opener – ProFootballTalkAs stat lines go, it wasn't much to look at. But the Cowboys got to double digits on the scoreboard and they didn't lose, so it's reasonable to declare progress for Dak Prescott.Ryan Fitzpatrick: This offense is a quarterback’s dream – ProFootballTalkRyan Fitzpatrick's four touchdown performance against the Saints was the biggest surprise of Week One and it was hard to find predictions that he'd match that outing against the Eagles in Week Two. That's just what Fitzpatrick did, however.Is it Josh Rosen time already in Arizona? – ProFootballTalkJust when the Cardinals thought things couldn't get worse, they got worse. A week after gaining 213 yards of offense in a 24-6 loss to Washington, the Cardinals gained 137 yards in a 34-0 loss to the Rams.Giants center Jon Halapio leaves in air cast, on cart – ProFootballTalkGiants center Jon Halapio left in the third quarter with what appears to be a serious injury. The team's medical personnel put Halapio's right leg in an air cast and helped him onto the cart. He waved to his teammates as he left the field. John Greco replaced Halapio at center.Quandre Diggs of Detroit Lions rips fourth-quarter holding callLions defensive back Quandre Diggs says a holding call against him that negated a potentially game-changing interception was "awful" because it wasn't holding and it was away from the ball. "I don't feel like you make that call at the end," Diggs said.Cardinals coach Steve Wilks hints at lineup changes after shutoutChanges to the Arizona Cardinals' lineup could be coming next week in the wake of Sunday's 34-0 loss to the Los Angeles Rams, coach Steve Wilks said after the game.Brash Jaguars show their growth in win over Patriots - NFL.comThe Jaguars are brash and bold and, most importantly on Sunday, smart enough to have learned from how they lost the AFC Championship Game to the Patriots.Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs' offense cover for woeful defense in win - NFL.comPatrick Mahomes has been flawless through two games, throwing 10 touchdown passes against zero picks in leading the Chiefs' high-octane offense. Jeffri Chadiha writes the young QB is showing no signs of slowing down.Vikings' Carlson on OT misses: 'I let my team down' - NFL.comThe Minnesota Vikings nearly escaped Green Bay with a win, if it weren't for three missed field goals by rookie kicker Daniel Carlson, including two in overtime.Myles Garrett: No one expected Josh Gordon news - NFL.comThe Browns plan to release wide receiver Josh Gordon on Monday. Gordon's soon to be former teammates were surprised about the team moving on from the veteran player.Dear HOF: Don’t f@$k this up (again) In less than 24 hours, Pat Bowlen will take his closest step yet to the Pro Football Hall Fame. Yes, he is the owner of the Denver Broncos and anyone associated with the franchise who wants to get in this so-called museum has to buy a ticket. And we know how the contributors committee has screwed Mr. B the last two years. Despite our instincts to expect the worst, Bowlen will be one of the two candidates to move forward to the full selection committee for vote the Saturday before the Super Bowl. The five members of the contributors committee who will make that decision, according to the Hall of Fame: Howard Balzer, Clark Judge, Peter King, Jim Trotter and Charean Williams. There is still a chance this group gets it wrong (again), but this year seems different.So instead of the usual “state the case” stories MHR has done the last few years, as we did last year with this series, we’re taking a different path this year. What follows is staff members’ sharing what makes Mr. B so special.Laurie Lattimore-Volkmann There is a long list of accomplishments tied to Pat Bowlen’s name that have improved not only the Denver Broncos but the entire NFL. And whether it was bringing in more TV contracts for the league or building better facilities for his players Authentic Brandon McManus Jersey , it has always been clear how much Bowlen loves his team and loves the sport. The thing I love the most about Mr. B, though, is that at the core of his desire to make the team better was an intense competitive spirit that wanted the best for his players because he wanted them to be the best. In his Ring of Fame induction speech for the beloved owner, Joe Ellis said Bowlen “will be the first to tell you that he is defined by Super Bowl wins and winning games. That’s how you achieve success in this business. It’s not about dollar signs. It’s about wins on the field. That was the ultimate win, obviously.” So when he was asked what to put in his ROF bio, Bowlen responded, “Just put in there that I want to be the best at everything we do. Tim Lynch My favorite thing Pat Bowlen ever did was him hoisting the Lombardi Trophy and saying, “This one’s for John!” knowing that journey the franchise took to give John Elway the talent around him to win a championship after so many failed attempts earlier in his career. Then to follow it up the next year with a, “This one’s for You!” was perfect.Sometimes things just have a way of working out. In 2015, Elway and Broncos Country were able to return the favor and the honor when Elway held up another Lombardi Trophy and yelled, “This one’s for PAT!”.No man has ever embodied the spirit of what the Broncos franchise should mean to a city and fanbase than Pat Bowlen. Time to join the Pro Football Hall of Fame where he most certainly belongs.Sadaraine As a young fan back in the 1980s and ‘90s, I couldn’t have told you who owned the Denver Broncos. It just isn’t something most fans particularly care about. But as I grew older (and maybe a little wiser), I started noticing something about our Broncos: we have a LOT more success than most franchises do year-to-year. As you get more and more into the game, you start listening more to the media interviews and one name will come up time and time again: Pat Bowlen.Bowlen’s leadership is a big part of what is THE most impressive three-plus decades span of success in all of professional sports. The team has more Super Bowl appearances than they do losing seasons under his ownership. He hasn’t been an owner that has just signed the checks. His talk has consistently been about what is going to win football games. It was about getting to the promised land for so many years. His record of success alone should have had him in the Hall of Fame three years ago.Casey Barrett I was born in the ‘80s. I grew up watching Broncos football. As a child, Mr. B was the guy in the awesome fur coat. When we got into the ‘90s, he was the guy wearing the nice suit, and almost always with an orange tie. This sticks out to me, because he was there. He was always there, either in the owner’s box during the game and on the field near the end of the game, he was present and involved with the company he owned. His quote after the Super Bowl XXXII win about being for John (Elway) showed almost everything you needed to know about his character and class. They walked the same path together, building an organization meant to win. After suffering heavy losses in three Super Bowls, Mr. B never gave up on Elway or his organization, or his city. It paid off. Finding the right pieces, from the field, to the front office to bring back-to-back championships to Denver will forever remind me that getting to where you want to go does not require a complete overhaul of everything. You can tweak other things that may make you look similar to what you once were, but now you’re better. All of this I felt for Mr. B before I even knew how much he truly contributed to the league, his team, and the city of Denver (and before PFM).It’s disgraceful that its taken this long for Mr. B to get into the HOF. He should have been in years ago.Fuck Jerry Jones.Christopher Hart It’s hard for me to judge what my favorite thing about Pat Bowlen is, but I will say this. He is the best owner in the National Football League. What he has done for the league is unprecedented and it helped grow the sport in an unparalleled and unique fashion. It’s very uncommon for an owner in any sport to have more title appearances leading a franchise as opposed to losing seasons. How many owners can make that claim? I know Pat Bowlen can. Above all else Youth Bradley Roby Jersey , Bowlen is a first-class person who runs the best football organization the league has ever seen. Players, coaches and employees past and present always laud him for “taking care” of everyone in the building. Everyone who works for him plays an integral role in the success of the franchise — everyone is treated like family. It’s a privilege and an honor to be a fan of the Denver Broncos and I’m grateful that they have had such a tremendous owner for all these years. Adam Malnati As a fan of the Denver Broncos, there is no better feeling than to know that for most of my life Pat Bowlen was around to expect nothing less than winning. Broncos fans have been spoiled by a man who wanted nothing more than to put a winning product on the field. In his iconic fur coats and sunglasses, he brought style to the Broncos at every turn. In perhaps his most iconic moment in Denver, he raised the Lombardi Trophy, which we all had longed for for so long, and said words that many of us felt in our hearts. “This one’s for John!” It still echoes in my heart. And then to have him get the chance to raise it again the following year, he acknowledged us. It was incredible to feel as if he knew what this franchise meant to me and so many others. As an owner, he put his team’s fans first. With all of the impactful deals made, and negotiations for TV deals, Pat Bowlen made his mark on the league in innumerable ways. He’s more than just a Hall-of-Famer. He is the greatest owner in the history of our sport.Pete Baron Although it’s hard to have much to say about an owner who was as hands off yet hands on as it gets, I think it’s important to remember a few things about Pat Bowlen. He put winning first by hiring the best team around him so he didn’t have to mettle. I’ve never met him, so I don’t know him personally, but I’ve heard stories from people like Shannon Sharpe, John Elway, Mark Schlereth about him in the ‘90s when he was still doing triathlons and they’d walk in the weight room and he’d be working out. I’ve even heard him playing pranks on players and coaches. I wish that man who existed was still with us to enjoy this nomination process and honor of his eventual induction. I hope against hope and wish against wish that he has some clear and conscious moments along this journey to appreciate it and remember what an honor this is. And I hope when its his nomination day and the day to have his Gold Jacket, that he remembers it and is proud of his accomplishments, his life and his legacy. Ian St. Clair As a fan of the Broncos, we know how massive Mr. B is to this franchise (as the stories above highlight). Not until I had the opportunity to interview longtime PR director and current historian/consultant Jim Saccomano, team president Joe Ellis and legendary safety Steve Atwater last August, did I fully appreciate just how massive. Bowlen impacted all three men in a very personal way. To hear them talk about him, but also the emotion they felt when they did, impacted me in a deep way. And that’s the case with everyone who worked or played for him. That’s special. That’s rare, especially in the world of professional sports. You cannot write the story of the Broncos or NFL without Mr. B. The time has come to get him in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.