classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Edit & Remove Bindings

Alexis V.
Hi,

I'm new with docx4j and OpenDoPE. I've created a word document that I use as template.
So I'm binding some parts of that document with OpenDoPE but I noticed 2 strange things and I want to know if it's normal.

1. I cannot edit a bound text area.
2. When I right click on a bound area and select "Remove Content Control". The binding seems to  be removed. I say seems because when you open the customXml\item4.xml (in the package) the xpath element is still present.

I just want to know if it's normal or not and what are the possible workarounds in case it causes problems.

Regards,
Alexis
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Edit & Remove Bindings

Jason Harrop
Administrator
Alexis V. wrote
1. I cannot edit a bound text area.
By this you mean you can't alter the text in the content control after it has been bound? You should be able to .. if you change the text, the corresponding element in your XML should alter accordingly.  

Seems like something might be wrong eg the corresponding XML element (ie whatever your XPath points at) is missing.  (Did you delete it?)

Alexis V. wrote
2. When I right click on a bound area and select "Remove Content Control". The binding seems to  be removed. I say seems because when you open the customXml\item4.xml (in the package) the xpath element is still present.
"Remove Content Control" is a Word feature, and it sounds like it is working as advertised.  The xpath element is an OpenDoPE specific thing - I guess the Add-In could offer to remove it, but the current version doesn't do that.  Its continued presence is harmless.

cheers .. Jason
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Edit & Remove Bindings

Alexis V.
About "I cannot edit a bound text area." I meant, once a text area is bound to a XPath, you can change the XPath but you cannot save the changes. Unless you remove the content control as describe in 2 which is harmless, according to Jason.

Thanks for your quick answer